Saturday, June 13, 2009

Testing Windows Live Writer

I don’t know how many of you are familiar with the form used to edit entries in Blogger. The pictures always load to the top and you have to keep moving things around. And sometimes they don’t go where you want!

So I’m trying out something new .. Windows Live Writer. One thing I’ll say is that when I downloaded the setup execute file there was a whole bunch of things I didn’t want included. So I chose just Windows Live Writer to install.

And now we’re going to add pictures! These are some scrapbook layouts I’ve been working on about DD and my trip to Gatlinburg in May. It was a very good trip :).

Dinosaur Museum WEB

Alpha: Jady Day Studio; Staples, flowers, button, bird, journaling spot, heart button and brown paper: Jady Day Studio; Scallop Template: Hummie; Ribbon: Correen Silke; Font: AmandaHandwriting (mine)

GSMNP WEB

Template: Liz Designs; Paper: Foxy Designs; Fonts: LBPunchy & Adler

Dixie Stampede WEB

Template: Christina Brown Designs; Blue and red digital paper: Marcee Fairchild; White paper: Heather Melzer of Heather Ann Designs, Inc.; USA Sticker: Amy Watson; Fireworks epoxy sticker: Michaele Burkhart; Blue flower & blue brads: Marcee Fairchild; Acrylic star circle: Heather Melzer of Heather Ann Designs, Inc.; Scratches texture: Rhonna Farrer ;  Font: StampAct & AmandaHandwriting

Fountain Fun WEB

Template: Template #13 by Li; Patterned Paper: Kaye Winiecki; Glitter spray: The Digi Dares via Daily Digi; Tag: ksharonk; Alpha: Janet Phillips; Button and felt flower: Kay Winiecki; Ribbon: N Braxton; Font: AmandaHandwriting (mine)

In the Shark Tunnel WEB

Template: Tracy Ann Design; Patterned Paper: Irene V. Alexeeva; Brown and cream buttons: Luiza Garay; Blue Button: Pineapple Plantation Designs; Tag: Corina Neilsen; Fonts: Smiley Monster and 2peas Spread Sunshine

Fish Stories WEB

Template: Moriginals; Light blue patterned Paper: Digital Scrapbook Memories; Inking: Rhonna Farrer; Dark Blue paper: Jessica Sprague; Cream Paper: Shabby Princess; Scallop Template: Jessica Sprague; Messy glitter spray (recolored): Micheline Martin; Glitter swirl (recolored): Kimb Designs; Blue glitter circle: Irene V. Alexeeva; Alpha: Shabby Princess; Circular text path: Pattie Knox;
Font: Smiley Monster

So now my first question appears. The pictures went where I wanted, but how do I make them big? Hmmm … lets see. Ah-ha! If you hover the mouse over the picture, then you can select the size to post. Since I resize everything for web a specific way, I chose “original.” Perfect! That could not have been easier :).

I’m very happy so far about Windows Live Writer. Now I need to insert my credits for each layout. I saved those in a Notepad file so it’s just a simple cut and paste. And resize and make italics. Both of which were easy to find how to do.

Oh, and make the screen full size, LOL. I can see everything! So if you blog on a regular basis, you might want to check out Windows Live Writer. Boy is it easier to work with than Blogger’s interface :).

3 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Thanks for your recommendation Amanda, I'm going to give live writer a peek and try!

Anonymous said...

I have it but haven't used it yet! Crazy, right. I love that it can make your pictures bigger! I want bigger pictures!

Sheila said...

I like the ones about the Smokey and the sharks. I will have to check out Windows Live Writer