Monday, May 4, 2009

I ♥ Faces: Hats!


So here I am, finally back in town on a Monday/Tuesday so I can enter the I ♥ Faces contest. Boy have I had fun this morning scrolling through my pictures looking for hats. I made these kitty cat hats for my DD (middle) and her cousins for Christmas last year. I got some cute ones of them together, then they did this:

Child Entry:


And my husband got a new motorcycle in March. I had fun playing with the clone tool and textures and CoffeeShop's Golden Vintage action.

Adult Entry:


Head on over to I ♥ Faces to check out the rest of the entries. There's some cool stuff over there!

58 comments:

Melissa ♥ Spoiled Mommy said...

Ok so I love the hats!!
But I am really diggin the effect on the adult entry-wow girl!! Great job!

tiarastantrums said...

THESE are awesome!!

Suburban Girl said...

The girls sure seem to be having fun! Nice pics.

Melanie said...

Really great photo for the adult entry. I can't tell what is part of the original and what is added in by the action! It's great!

Shae said...

I really like your adults entry. The processing makes him seem like a real tough guy!

Carmen said...

great pictures, I just love the first one....

dmauton said...

Love the silly faces of the kids entry.

Thank you for the comment on my photo.

More Than Words said...

Oh my goodness..you are amazing!!!!!

Amazing photos, and cute hats!!

Abby said...

I love your kids entry! So much fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE the hats you made! They are so adorable. I love their faces too : ). Silly faces are the funnest!

Amy said...

You have to love kids! I took several of mine before I got one good shot! This one turned out cute too. Something about kids just being themselves!

AshleyS said...

great pic and the action is perfect on it!

Jessi said...

Really wonderful entries! The first is so fun and soooo little girl! The second is just plain cool, looks like a motorcycle ad!

Anonymous said...

Great Pix and I really love what you did with the adult entry!

Shonni said...

Those are great...but boy, I love the adult one and the color is all so perfect in it!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Love the goofy girls, but I really love the adult entry! Great work on the editing end!

Joy Taylor said...

adorable fun faces!

Rebecca said...

So great! Love em both, but I really love the editing on your adult entry. Very cool.
~Becca

Adrienne Zwart said...

Love the fun, silly one! Those kind of pictures always make me smile. I really like the vintage look of the motorcycle shot. Great job!

Femin Susan said...

The girls seems to have great fun.
cheers!

Esther said...

Love them both for completely different reasons. First one...giggly girls make me giggle, second one...great shot, very cool editing.

Mary said...

Love these pictures! I just about burst out in laughter at the first one. I just love how spunky kids can be.

Jenn said...

Face stretching at it's best!

Heather said...

Like the effects on the adult photo, very cool. Love the kids! You did a great job on the hats!

Julie Rivera said...

The goofy pictures are always more fun! Who wouldn't have a good time with those fun hats? Love the picture of your husband! Mine just got a motorcycle in February and I have yet to get a good picture of him with his bike. Add it to the To-Do list!

Teresa said...

Those hats are SUPER cute!!! What a fun and funny picture. And gorgeous work on the motorcycle photo...beautiful!

Rachel said...

That first shot is so hilarious! I love their sense of humor that is so obvious!

And the second shot... love the processing! And of course, we like bikes around here too :)

Frogmum said...

AWESOME adult entry - totally COOL!! :D

Amazing Greis said...

What a great kids photo! Totally fun and goofy!

ellieshine said...

The hat photo is adorable!! How fun and what a great memory :) I agree with everyone that the motorcycle photo is beautiful!

Donna said...

Okay, that's freaky but oooooh soooo cute!!

:)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Upstatemamma said...

The girls are so cute!! They look like they are having so much fun. And I love the look of teh second one.

the monkeys' mama said...

your adult entry is INCREDIBLE!

ღJessicaღ said...

Now that is just too cute!

Keri said...

Great photos! The hats are just darling and so are the little girls. Love the silly faces.

Unknown said...

These are both so fantastic! I love the colorful hats and fun faces - and the motorcycle shot is so cool and vintage! I love it! :-)

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Love the kids pic! So funny and draws you into the joy of being a child!

Love your adult photo too.

Unknown said...

Lovein the adult entry. nice job!

Mominin said...

The girls are funny!! The adult entry is wonderful. I love the effect.

Annette said...

I think your adult entry is one of my favorites that I have seen. I think the coloring/editing is terrific, I like that the bike looks shiny.

Your kids shot makes me smile. The little girl on the left looking up at the others, as it to check out their funny faces, cute!

Mom 2 Four said...

Love the photos, the hats in the
1st one are really cute!

Michelle Leigh said...

Those hats are awesome! I love the picture of your husband. It is great! The texture is perfect!

Foursons said...

I love the colors on the adult entry. At first I thought it was b & w with color on his jacket. But that's not it at all, is it?

Seasonsmom said...

Love it, love it, love it! As usual! Those hats are so fuzzy and match the girls' silliness, no?

two red heads and two brunettes said...

Love the kid one. Super cute.

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

That first picture is too funny! I also love what you did with your adult entry. Great job!

Stephanie @ BizzieMommy.com said...

Now that looks like some serious fun. Great shot of the girls in the fuzzy hats.

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Great shots! I love both of them! Looks like tough competition this week as always!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I love to meet new people!!!

Miti said...

Hi AJ. Thanks so much for visiting me. It's nice meeting new bloggy friends. These are great! Your husbands motorcycle looks a lot like the one my husband used to have.

Through My Own Lens said...

Your adult entry is super cool!

Mrs. McFadden said...

I love your adult entry. great job.

Christi said...

Love these. :)

Tina Smith Photography said...

Adorable hats and girls. Great shot. The adult entry is great. I love the coloring! Thnaks for the comment on my entry :o)

Mommy Project said...

Hi!
I just saw your criticism for "Constructive Feedback Friday" on the very first entry and I wasn't sure where else to tell you but here...
I LOVE that tip on watching what you, the photographer, are wearing. I never, ever, thought about that and it is absolutely true and important! Thanks so much! I will take that advice with me for the rest of my photo shooting days. :0)

Dot O said...

Amanda, thanks for the info about the photo. I will be bribing him to sit for me again long enough to allow me to make sure I've got the optimal settings to start. Sadly, I have a lot of pics come out blurry and it'd be nice to have somewhat of a fix for them. I do get clear shots too but I don't have a lot of my son where he's just cooperating for his mom.

Thanks again. I am going to check out the settings thing you mentioned.

I love your entries for this week!! How adorable and how cool!

Katarina said...

Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by my blog and comment on my picture. I really appreciate it, and your advice was helpful. I am using an older version of photoshop (5.5).

Thanks again, I'll have to go back to the picture and play some more.

Alesha said...

The first picture of the girls just makes me smile, so much fun.

Also, I just wanted to thank for the feedback on my picture, I really appreciate it!!!!!!

Tabitha Blue said...

Great pics... and I love the second one!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com